1. What Data We Get
We collect certain data from you directly, like information you enter yourself, data about your participation in assessment, courses, modules, games dan any other activities, including data from third-party platforms you connect with KPSG. We also collect some data automatically, like information about your device and what parts of our Services you interact with or spend time using.
1.1 Data You Provide to Us
We may collect different data from or about you depend on how you use the Services. Below are some examples to help you better understand the data we collect. When you create an account, get registered into the Services and use the Services, including through a third-party platform, we collect any data you provide directly, including:
You can also choose to provide profile information like a photo, description, link, social media profiles, or other data. Your Profile Data might be viewable by others.
Parts of the Services let you interact with other users or share content accordingly, including by posting reviews on a module, asking or answering questions, sending messages to others, or posting photos or other work you upload. Such shared content may be viewable by others depending on where it is posted.
When you enroll in, get enrolled and take assessment/course/module, we collect certain data including which journeys, courses, modules, assignments and quizzes you’ve started and completed; your exchanges with others; and essays, answers to questions, and other items submitted to satisfy assessment requirements.
If you make purchases, we collect certain data about your purchase (such as your name and zip code) as necessary to process your order. You must provide certain payment and billing data directly to our payment processing partners, including your name, credit card information, billing address, and zip code. For security, KPSG does not collect or store sensitive cardholder data, such as full credit card numbers or card authentication data.
Data About Your Accounts on Other Services
We may obtain certain information through your social media or other online accounts if they are connected to your KPSG account. If you login to KPSG via another third-party platform or service, we ask for your permission to access certain information about that other account. For example, depending on the platform or service we may collect your name, profile picture, account ID number, login email address, location, physical location of your access devices, gender, birthday, and list of friends or contacts. Those platforms and services make information available to us through their APIs. The information we receive depends on what information you (via your privacy settings) or the platform or service decide to give us.
Sweepstakes, Promotions, and Surveys
Communications and Support
1.2 Data We Collect through Automated Means
When you access the Services, we collect certain data by automated means, including:
Technical data about your computer or device, like your IP address, device type, operating system type and version, unique device identifiers, browser, browser language, domain and other systems data, and platform types.
Usage statistics about your interactions with the Services, including journeys, courses, modules accessed, time spent on the Service, pages or screens visited, features used, your search queries, click data, date and time, and other data regarding your use of the Services.
Approximate Geographic Data
An approximate geographic location, including information like country, city, and geographic coordinates, calculated based on your IP address and related geotagging abilities.The data listed above is collected using server log files and tracking technologies, as detailed in the “Cookies and Data Collection Tools” section below. It is stored by us and associated with your account.
2. How We Get Data About You
We use tools like cookies, analytics services, and advertising providers to gather the data listed above. If you get enrolled from third-party services, then we get the data from the related third-party services. Some of these tools and services offer you the ability to opt out of data collection.In situations where we obtain your data from a source other than you, we process your data on the basis of legitimate interests, until you ask us to stop processing your data on the basis of our legitimate interests. We will retain your assessment records relating to degrees, certificates, achievements, leaderboards for our own compliance and verification purposes (including where we are required to do so by our clients and partners), even after you withdraw your consent to our processing of your data. We will archive information about your use of the Services. This information will only be used in very limited circumstances, such as for statistical analysis or a third-party and retention for audit purposes relating to commercial contracts.
2.1 Cookies and Data Collection Tools
KPSG uses the following types of cookies:
- Preferences: cookies that remember data about your application, browser and preferred settings that affect the appearance and behavior of the Services (like your preferred language).
- Security: cookies used to enable you to log in and access the Services; protect against fraudulent logins; and help detect and prevent abuse or unauthorized use of your account.
- Functional: cookies that store functional settings (like the volume level you set for video playback).
- Session State: cookies that track your interactions with the Services to remember your login details and progress you made at certain journey/courses/modules/stages. These are strictly necessary for the Services to work properly.
We use tools like cookies, analytics services, and advertising providers to gather the data listed above. If you get enrolled from third-party services, then we get the data from the related third-party services. Some of these tools and services offer you the ability to opt out of data collection.We may use third-party analytics services like Google Analytics on the Services. These services use Data Collection Tools to help us analyze your use of the Services, including information like events within the Services, usage and performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We use this data to improve the Services, better understand how the Services perform on different devices, and provide information that may be of interest to you.
3. What We Use Your Data For
We use your data to do things like provide our Services, communicate with you, troubleshoot issues, secure against fraud and abuse, improve and update our Services, analyze how people use our Services and as required by law or necessary for safety and integrity.
- Provide and administer the Services, including to display customized content and facilitate communication with other users;
- Process your requests and orders for courses, products, specific services, information, or features;
- Communicate with you about your account by:
- Responding to your questions and concerns;
- Sending you administrative messages and information, including messages from assessment admins, notifications about changes to our Service, and updates to our agreements;
- Sending you information and messages about your progress in journeys, courses, modules, rewards, new services, new features, promotions, newsletters, and other available services;
- Sending push notifications to your wireless device to provide updates and other relevant messages;
- Manage your account preferences;
- Facilitate the Services’ technical functioning, including troubleshooting and resolving issues, securing the Services, and preventing fraud and abuse; Solicit feedback from users;
- Identify unique users across devices;
- Improve our Services and develop new products, services, and features;
- Analyze trends, traffic and track usage data;
- As required or permitted by law; or
- As we, in our sole discretion, otherwise determine to be necessary to ensure the safety or integrity of our users, employees, third parties, the public, or our Services.
4. Who We Share Your Data With
We share certain data about you with assessment admins, other users, companies, our business partners, analytics providers, your social media providers, companies helping us run promotions, surveys and advertising companies who help us promote our Services. We may also share your data as needed for security, legal compliance, or as part of a corporate restructuring. Lastly, we can share data in other ways if it is aggregated or de-identified or if we get your consent.
We use appropriate security based on the type and sensitivity of data being stored. As with any internet-enabled system, there is always a risk of unauthorized access, so it’s important to protect your password and to contact us if you suspect any unauthorized access to your account.
KPSG takes appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal data that we collect and store. These measures vary based on the type and sensitivity of the data. Unfortunately, however, no system can be 100% secured, so we cannot guarantee that communications between you and KPSG, the Services, or any information provided to us in connection with the data we collect through the Services will be free from unauthorized access by third parties. Your password is an important part of our security system, and it is your responsibility to protect it. You should not share your password with any third party, and if you believe your password or account has been compromised, you should change it immediately and contact email@example.com with any concerns.
6. Updates & Contact Info
When we make a material change to this policy, we’ll notify users via email, in-product notice, or another mechanism required by law. Changes become effective the day they’re posted. Please contact us via email or postal mail with any questions, concerns, or disputes.